Harbor Freight 4 LED $7.00

It should be possible to put a cheap LED strobing ic in the flashlight if they aren't built into the LEDs. I happen to have a small duel LED strobing circuit board that rapidly flashes the two LEDs in an alternating pattern. The ic chip itself is a very small surface mount unit. I don't think cost for the strobe controller is much as the whole toy it came out of cost $1.

Kind of like the fluorescent lights in my kitchen? ;-)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover"" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Well,

My dictionary considers it a synonym for milling cutter. I use a small handy tool for PCB modifications and (very) smal PCBs that I don't want to etch. Guess we have very different dictionaries :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

"Frank Bemelman" schreef in bericht news:428f57cc$0$64077$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader14.news.xs4all.nl...

Correct, but... I checked out the two dictionaries I own and both know the word "fraise" as a synonym for "milling cutter". Only one of them also mentioned it as a part of a fortification. So I was really astonished to hear that the word was virtually unknown.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Guess I had better leave Watson alone before I get bitch slapped by Ed!

Reply to
Si Ballenger

If you use enough, over time you will find that the 5mm white Nichia's use all their spec voltage range at RT - not all within one batch though. Fortunately they do not move very much with temp.

Reply to
R.Lewis

And if you buy the Goldmine flashlight I think you'll be dissapointed. Your Altoids creations out shine it, and produce whiter light. I'll have to try it with real AA's - I'm using NiMh. Dunno if the Harbor Freight lite would work at ~3.6 using rechargeables.

Modifying the Goldmine for 1 AA cell might be a worthwhile project. They'll also sell you a 4 white led cluster all by itself, for $1.99. (Item G14877) It contains 5mm LEDs. I don't have one so I don't know how it performs.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Yes. A 'piercing saw'. This is really the 'jewellers' version. A 'fret saw', in the UK, is the wood saw used for cutting instrument 'frets', hence the name.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

On Sun, 22 May 2005 03:19:14 +0000, Si Ballenger wrote:

I was, astonishingly, only recently informed as to what, exactly, a bitch-slap is. I has ass-u-me-d that it was just a limp-wristed slap administered while bitching out the recipient. (lithp optional.)

I was _wrong_! Imagine your surprise!

A bitch-slap, the way it was explained to me, really, only a few days ago, is a book-standard man-slap, followed in practically the same movement, by a backhand to the other cheek.

The times, they are a-changin'!

-- Cheers! Rich ------ "A man was playing golf one day when a little frog hopped out the water at a water hazard and croaked, "I am a magic frog, and since you are the 10,000th person to play through here, I'm prepared to offer you one of two magic gifts: First, for a whole year you can have the most fabulous sex life that anyone ever had; beyond your wildest dreams. Or, second, for a whole year you can be the best golfer the world has ever known. Which do you prefer?" The man thought a bit and said that he'd take the golf. Well, the man holed his wood shot from where he was, completed the course in an average of 2 per hole, and went round in 22. Quickly he attracted the attention of the sports world, and became the world's best-known golfer, setting course records wherever he went. A year later he was playing the same course inhabited by the frog, and at the water hazard the frog hopped out and said, "Well, the year is up, and you now revert to the 18-handicap player you were before. But tell me, I was a little surprised that you chose the golf -- I take it your sex life is outstanding?" The man said, "Well, I have no complaints in that department at all, which is why I chose the golf." "How many times did you engage in sex last year?" inquired the frog. The man thought a little and said, "Oh, eight or ten times, I guess." "Damn," said the frog, "that doesn't strike me as very satisfactory." "Oh, I don't know," replied the man, "it doesn't seem so bad for a Catholic priest from a little town in South Dakota.""

Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

Harbor

the

three

Richard Cappels had a project on his web page that replaced one cell with a V boost circuit. It's in series, so there's nothing to do other than remove one cell and put the dummy cell circuit in its place. That might be the way to go with a three cell light if you're using rechargables.

Here's the URL

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

My suprise you believed it!

I can only imigine who was explaining that to you. ;-)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Clever!

Reply to
ehsjr

I used to have an X-acto saw, and an extruded aluminum X-acto miter box, but it's apparently either buried in clutter at the moment, or I've lost it in transit somewhere. It's just an ordinary miter saw, scaled down by about a factor of 4, but with a human-sized handle.

Lessee...

Yikes! There _is_ such of a thing!

(first google hit on "X-acto saw" WOQ)

Just to be fair, I _did_ go to the first link above, which confirms what I thought a jeweler's saw was.

I prob'ly should make up another nym for when I'm being the techie, but the blood level in my alcohol-stream is approaching optimum.

How's "Rich The Drunk?"

Wow!

Ain't the internet AMAZING?

Cheers! Rich