HadCRUT and other datasets

Something weird is going on here. Why does the data keep changing? See:

JosephKK

Well, there are reasons why many people (like me) are very skeptical when it comes to data from large organizations. This is one of the reasons.

What organizations don't realize is that it causes people to build their own (and rather local) opinions. All I can tell you is that in our neighborhood I have yet to find anyone who believes the global warming story. Because winter becomes colder every year.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It appalls me how leftist weenies are so misinformed...

They'll swear that tornados and hurricanes are getting worse and worse... totally ignoring comments from victims like, "Worst storm in

33 years".

I guess history was their worst subject in school... as if most of them went to anything other than a leftist weenie school ;-)

...Jim Thompson

My neighborhood too. (RC) Last winter had exceptional cold streaks.

Reply to
JosephKK

Most likely HadCRUT saying as they state well enough abandoning usage of a cold start of a year starting with a La Nina dip (as in 2008) in favor of a forecast for the whole year for purposes of generating a "smoothed graph including the current year".

If you consider that smoothing with the incomplete 2008 to be invalid, then valid appears to me to be smoothed results using only data before

2008. Since it appears to me that smoothing of HadCRUT is 5-year averaging, that appears to m that the most recent 5-year period with entire calendar years is the one centered on 2005 - which surely appears to me to be the alltime high despite excluding the 1998 spike.

Don Klipstein

My past winter (2007-2008) ("mid-atlantic" eastern USA) came in warmer than average of the prior 3 calendar decades.

Reply to
Don Klipstein

Vastly different locale. I was comparing notes with my "neighbor" less than 50 miles away.

Reply to
JosephKK

Talking to yourself, sh_t_head?! Like what are the chances of two separate German-speaking nit wit ass kissing riffraff and bullsh_t artists trolling SED from Sacramento and using prodigy being one and the same....sounds like a f_cking match to me...typical JTFC member, lower class scum.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs