H-Bridge Design: MOSFET Gate Charge

How does the Gate Charge of a FET relate to the bootstrap capacitor value. I am changing out the FETs in my present design, for ones with considerably larger Gate Charge.

Does the increase in max Gate Charge simply mean I need to use a larger capacitor to supply this charge/support the gate?

MEP

Reply to
Mike

If you wish; the capacitor should be >> Ciss. The commonly-used 0.1uF is more than enough.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

IR do a nice app note on this topic.