Guitar Noise

Which are you today? Sometimes you show great understanding of our craft and other times, the smallest thing sets you off on a tirade of profanity. Respectfully suggest you resume taking your psychotropic meds if that's what the difference is.

There *should* be a be-nice policy. Shouldn't come to kill-filing someone just cause they can't stop cussing.

Reply to
Oppie

That was one of the big problems at the 1969 Woodstock festival. After the rains, musicians were getting shocks from just holding their instruments or touching microphones. Never did see a write-up on the failings of the electrical distribution system there.

Reply to
Oppie

It was back in the two-wire days, AND the days of devices with "grounded" metallic casings. Grounded to the neutral side, that is.

I'll bet there are not many 240 volt setups on those stages.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

There are TWO devices here. Guitar and the human body. Of all the crap said in this thread this is the only one making a bit of sense.

When you touch the guitar (which seems to be grounded correctly), you bring YOURSELF to the same potential -the ground, thus eliminating coupling between YOU, acting as an electrostatic/capacitive medium between poluted environment, and the pickups.

That's why the strings are grounded too.

It is what it is, the whole thing being a Hi Z system, balanced wiring won't help.

Don't blame the guitar, live with it, hold it tight, you can't eliminate it.

j.

Reply to
jstin

"jstin" Bobby Joe = Troll

** The human body is not a " device" - you twerp.

And my post back on the 24th was spot on the money.

BTW

the OP is an utter ASS for not saying what sort of guitar he has.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison