grrrrrr

Why do people have online data sheet files called media.pdf or mfr.pdf ?

Why does TI have app notes and eval board manuals like sluubo1.pdf?

Why do I have to fill out a form to see a data sheet or an online magazine? It's easier to not.

Why are a lot of Digikey's datasheet links broken or useless?

Why do some data sheets not even name the manufacturer?

"The easiest thing in the world is not to sell'"

- Melvin Goldstein

Reply to
john larkin

A lot of mfrs don't want anyone distributing their data sheets for them, hence the links or altered forms. Copyright or rev/doc control issues?

Docs for north american market aren't a priority, when 80% of product is designed, made (and repaired?)off-shore.

Publications? $ or lack of.

I've had EDN and EPD reps on the phone three times in seven days, verifying mailing address, though they haven't delivered a hard copy to any of my addresses in the last 30yrs. Everyone else and their dog got one. Boohoohoo.

You figure they'd be able to recognize a return from direct email solicitation and just cough up the article. Could be the browser, but hey . . . .

Bodo Power keeps re-publishing stuff with illegible illustrations. You have to ask for a 'good' one.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hey there's an idea for an AI/large language model amenable task, a data sheet-renamer.

LLMs can be pretty good at generating summaries of text, seems like it should be possible to train one on some app notes to generate summaries pithy enough for a file name.

Reply to
bitrex

Sometimes it might be able to just pull from document titles, but an auto-categorizer could be a helpful feature, also

Reply to
bitrex

They also seem to like to host them on the slowest servers imaginable and still use FTP like it's the 90s.

Reply to
bitrex

gopher would work better.

Reply to
jim whitby

I always notice that. I asked Bodo and they said just ask for the legible drawing. Makes a larger file I'm sure

boB

Reply to
boB