Grounding

I don't remember for sure now, MXV's I believe, since I just traded that car in, but they had high temperature and speed ratings.

I've bought them for years. Never had a failure except once when I slammed into a curb, and it was replaced on the "road-hazard" warranty.

The new Q45 came with Bridgestones, which I'm leery of, on 18" wheels.

I'll keep a sharp eye on them.

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps, but Hakks are _the_ winter tire (which obviously you have no use for ;). I bought a set for my son too, though my wife's current car came with something lesser. If it's really bad I take her to work anyway (4WD).

I didn't swerve. He swerved my driver's door. $8500 damage.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Jim,

What? You traded in your Nissan truck? How could you if nothing has fallen off yet?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

No. The Frontier PU has only 25,000 miles on it.

I traded in the 1996 Q45 (135,000 miles) for a new Q45.

Did you miss the link to a photo in my "Modern User-Friendly Technology" post?

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

No, but I had assumed it was the Q45 you already had. Saab had a similar design a decade ago, maybe more. You could still see lines and stuff like that but most of it was rigid pipe. Looked like inside the cowling of a jet engine. That's why it was called "the engineer's car".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

With the old Q45 you could see everything... no covers.

...Jim Thompson

I didn't read far enough down the sticker... the 18" wheel upgrade changed the tires to...

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4, P245/45R18

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

That's "show off at the theater" stuff. Be prepared to shell out big bucks when these need replacement. And easy on the accelerator at the traffic light even if the dude in the Roush-Mustang challenges with a "vrooom" ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

They're currently listed at ~$276 each, not much more than the MXV's I had on the old dude... typically lasted 40K miles.

Besides, would *I* drag race ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

Ouch! The ones for my SUV are $114 each and the original Yokohama set is still pretty chipper at 56k miles. The reason I want to change them out is not that they are worn too much but because they are now about 10 years old.

Who knows when that Z280 feeling comes up again 8-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Every day. Otherwise I must be dead ;-)

BTW, it is 280ZX, Z80's are for the cheap crowd ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What you wear when you race is your business. ;-)

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh, gawd! I'm so glad that I had already sat my wine glass down... two sno-o-o-rts in a row are almost too much to take ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You KNEW that I couldn't let an opening like that go by, didn't you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida