Great test equipment designs

The one that got the most votes, silly. How else could one determine truth? Too modern. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There are still depletion parts around.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hmm. in my school the engineer's were certainly smarter the physics guys... at least undergrad. In grad school, at my time, there were a lot of smart people coming over from China and India and elsewhere. Our school sorta used the US students to teach recitations and labs, and then got a masters degree after 2-3 years.. kinda used by the system.

I learned a ton of physics from foreign grad students. Bidyut Bhattacharya*, was in the next door lab. He'd help me solve some problem, and then give me a problem to solve, before I came back for more help.

It was a wonderful time! George H.

*I couldn't remember how to spell his name... but found him on youtube!!! now I've gotta send him an email.

George Herold

Works in climatology and political science (same thing) departments.

Reply to
krw

** The original HP200 Wein Bridge oscillators were produced by HP prior to WW2 and Walt Disney famously ordered 8 modified versions to help create the sound track to his Fantasia movie.

See several pics near middle of this link:

Previous high quality oscillator designs had used LC oscillators or much more expensive RF twin oscillator " beat frequency " methods that covered the audio band in one range.

HP200s featured 1:10 switched ranges to cover the audio band or a little more. However, using a simple RC oscillator cut manufacturing costs and considerably improved performance at the same time - see the price Mr Disney got his oscillators for !!

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Addressing the matter of "The Elephant in The Room"? :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Reply to