graphic ecualizer design

I have to design a graphic ecualizer in mathlab, so for discrete audio signals, and i don't know which filters should I choose. I=B4m going to select IIR filters because there is no use in considering phase. I have found some examples that use Butterworth filters for the band- pass ones and Elliptical for the low-pass, but there is no explanation on why they are chosen. I would like to employ Chebysev filters because a lower order is needed and so the computation will be faster.

Could anyone please tell me which sould I choose and why?

P=2ED: Sorry for my english I know it's not too good.

Reply to
bokas10