graphic display

I have used many alphanumeric displays, with 1,2, 4 lines. If I use a graphical display, will it be more difficult to use it as an alphanumeric display? I mean, writing only numbers and labels ?

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Ternavasio

Not necessarily difficult, but a little more complex and intricate - to display text as graphics, you have to display each pixel, and for that you'll probably need a look-up table, then interleaving the rows and timing the colums is eminintly doable, albeit a little more involved, since you'd have to go a pixel at a time.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

here is an alternative that will take the hard work out of this.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html