Get some perspective. We're FINished.

Hehehe... Not an obscure reference at all!

One of the simplest explanations of the basic operation of a transistor I have ever seen, however.

BRL!!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I thought it was well done.

Reply to
Tom

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:04:40 -0500, Tom Gave us:

It's gonna take him all day just to get to the other side of that chip!

I'll bet they wish they had never sold the ARM.

I just wish those making them would get off the stick a bit.

I'd bet an 'new' Intel ARM can beat the pants off freescale or any of the current crop.

For one thing... they'd be six or eight core by now. :-)

I think they should pair up with NVidia, and make a TEGRA / Intel combo family. And still have slots for an additional, added graphics sub-system.

Have you seen "Frax" on an iPad? Talk about cool!

I used to render 1024x768 beauties back in '86 and they took hours each.

Computers are now "gadgets". All of my computers and the displays they are attached to have GForce audio/visual 'math' presentations running on them al the time, when I am not using them.

I likes my serpinksis and my julias and mandybrots. I do not bandy about... I mandy about.

Eric: G L O R I A

me: J U L I A :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Nice. But, AGAIN, _why_ is the sound/vid synch always so bad (or worse than this)?

Reply to
Robert Baer

How bad is it for you? I can detect only about .5mS on my end.

Reply to
Tom

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:38:12 -0800, Robert Baer Gave us:

Synch'd fine here. Again?... are you not the guy who ran text PC and no gui for years.

What piece of legacy non-conformal (with modern gear) crap are you trying to stream video into now?

That, or your network hooks are so bad, that websites need to catch it and send you the file before you start watching it... A bigger spool for you.

I personally hate where the idiots (not Intel) at youtube, etc. will only cache a few seconds ahead, because they are trying to stop all the dorks who want to grabs the file, not merely watch it.

I just want the stupid s**ts to continue caching and STOP pausing, claiming I have a bad connection, when it is their stupid software that has adopted a bad streaming/caching paradigm.

Nice comment about the actual file content too, putz.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Maybe about 50mSec, no more.

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • ran Win9SE for ages over dial-up, then numerous years over ComCast. Switched over to Win2K and still using that; over 10 years. Both systems rather gooey.
Reply to
Robert Baer