Gasoline prices....

"... the state with the lowest gas price is Arizona at $1.54" ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Just wait until the residents figure out that you can put it in cars!

Reply to
bitrex

we pay about that per litre.

NT in UK

Reply to
tabbypurr

Same sort of deal/rip-off in Germany... as I discovered on my many trips there. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

We love tax. It's almost all we work for. I wouldn't mind much if govt spending were sensible. But it looks more like a scam.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Land is cheap in Arizona too. And sand. Sand is cheap.

But gas looks more like $2.20.

Regular, across the street in very-downdown San Francisco, is $3.41.

lunatic fringe electronics

Soon that won't be allowed in Kalifornika and NewJork.

Reply to
krw

It's currently about US$1 per litre here - ~$3.75 for a US

Reply to
Pimpom

It's ~$2.50 - $2.60/ gal. here in Western NY. Prices have been farily stable for the last several years. Everyone around me owns a big pickup truck. (Well, pickup truck only come in two sizes these days, big and super big.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Arizona's price is interesting. I live in the Houston,Texas area where we have so many refineries ?

Gas has a fair distance to travel to get to Arizona.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Just noticed.

That article is 2 yrs old.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yep. My oldest son owns one of those Toyota monster trucks. He has a ladder so that grandma can get in and out of it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

the owners need to compensate for something and/or they need to be big to be be to be classified as something with less strict emission standards

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Well it may be a small part status symbol. But many of my neighbors have big boats or camping trailers that they want to drag around.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Small ones still exist and Ford is bringing back the Ranger, so they come in small, big, and giant. I like my big one. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I buy a fair amount of lumber (and sheetrock sorts of thins). In the spring, I haul mulch and all that rot. My boss had a hell of a time hauling mulch in his Z5.

Reply to
krw

Noticed that did you? March 4, 2016 "There is anxiety 2016 gross domestic product will be little better..."

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman