Futurelec.com (Low prices but how?)

I've order from futurlec before and was able to get some componets at a very good price but the deal is that it took like almost two months to get the stuff.

Today while looking around for Set screw type banana plugs, I find at their site a few for down in the range of 0.30..80 cents. Even the stackable types well under a buck..

The metal types that can hold the large conductor that are gold looking are even at 80 cents, where is, most other places that claim them to be gold, which we know most of them aren't are asking $2.50 or more each, some 8 bucks for a pair..

I just wonder how they are able to do this pricing?

Recently I've had several people that know me locally come to my home shop and very basic parts they normally would of gotten at radio shaft, this sounds like a business adventure for this end of the woods. We have lots of schools around here that teach this field.

But getting back to those prices, how many of you actually buy from these people ?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Banana jackey sorts of things, for lab use, I buy the Chinese ones on ebay. Maybe 1/10 the price of Pomona.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

  1. Location. They are located in Thailand and close to Chinese/Korean sources.
  2. Shipping logistics. (A) Into some destinations (such as USA) they "bulk" (aggregate) orders together and split out in the destination country. (B) They sometimes bulk to China and split out there. In case you never wondered why a ebay item ex China usually includes shipping, it is because ChinaGovCo heavily subsidise the small "exporters". Join the dots yourself.

I do for our business. Slow delivery (see above re costs) but we factor that into our projects when we use them.

Reply to
pedro