Futurelec.com (Low prices but how?)

  I've order from futurlec before and was able to get some componets at
a very good price but the deal is that it took like almost two months to
get the stuff.

  Today while looking around for Set screw type banana plugs, I find at
their site a few for down in the range of 0.30..80 cents.
Even the stackable types well under a buck..

 The metal types that can hold the large conductor that are gold
looking are even at 80 cents, where is, most other places that
claim them to be gold, which we know most of them aren't are asking
$2.50 or more each, some 8 bucks for a pair..

 I just wonder how they are able to do this pricing?

 Recently I've had several people that know me locally come to
my home shop and very basic parts they normally would of gotten
at radio shaft, this sounds like a business adventure for this
end of the woods. We have lots of schools around here that teach
this field.

 But getting back to those prices, how many of you actually buy from
these people ?

Jamie

Re: Futurelec.com (Low prices but how?)
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 18:26:33 -0400, M Philbrook

Banana jackey sorts of things, for lab use, I buy the Chinese ones on
ebay. Maybe 1/10 the price of Pomona.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Futurelec.com (Low prices but how?)
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 18:26:33 -0400, M Philbrook

1.  Location.  They are located in Thailand and close to
Chinese/Korean sources.

2.  Shipping logistics.  (A)  Into some destinations (such as USA)
they "bulk" (aggregate) orders together and split out in the
destination country.  (B) They sometimes bulk to China and split out
there.  In case you never wondered why a $2 ebay item ex China usually
includes shipping, it is because ChinaGovCo heavily subsidise the
small "exporters".  Join the dots yourself.

I do for our business.  Slow delivery (see above re costs) but we
factor that into our projects when we use them.

Site Timeline