Fugi hi tech built in obsolescence.

My next computer desk will have a 'computer floor' on top of the desk to hide & route all of the cables. The top will lift off in various sized pieces to access the wiring area. Hollow posts on each side to hold a printer shelf above the mointors, and hide the wires.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There isn't a lot of need for holes in the middle of the desk. A wiring channel across the back is plenty. Most computer desks, these days, have some means of getting cables off the work surface. Having the top removable is overkill and would interfere with the other purposes of the desktop.

Reply to
krw

So you have never been trained in trouble-shooting, just did by-gosh, by golly. That's a BIG hole in your education, couldn't make technician. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

=20

Just did a search looking for over 300 hp cars, check out the Buick Lacross and some Cadillacs; biggest engine 3.6 L V6 and over 300 hp on a

3.0 L V6. Your turn.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

So, you know nothing of the design, yet you know it can't work. No surprise. Your comprehension sucks, as usual. I said, 'VARIOUS SIZED PIECES' which you seem to think the entire surface will be in tiny pieces. It means that the areas that need wires run will lift out as needed. Extra pieces will have the cutouts so you can arrange the back half in any way you desire. You know, the computers, monitors & all the loose items with wires. That will leave about 2/3 of the top as one solid piece for a keyboard, mouse or other work area.

Some people have no vision, even if they were given detailed plans.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some American cars have optional touring packages, rear anti sway bar, etc., police cars. My 77 datsun had soft suspension. Had to install heavy duty anti sway bars and stiffer shocks. High speed tires also make a lot of difference with stiffer sidewalls. Car was also slow to today's standard, unless you boosted it. Then I've seen 11 second quarter miles.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Marty Brown is a blow-hard, his big problem is his wheel chair battery charge, making it to 7-11 for a gourmet hot dog and back. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

some

That's why the cabling channel at the rear of the desk works so much better & easier than 'your removable desk pieces idea'. :)

Reply to
rev.11d.meow

.
,

ow

y,

er

In that area, I'm an autodidact, like pretty much everybody else I've ever worked with. I'm not the best trouble-shooter I know - that was Mike Penberth, who never lost track of which hypotheses were supported by the evidence we had

but I was as good as or better than everybody else I worked with, and popular with the technicians, who called on me in when they were stuck.

As usual, your imagination is telling you stuff that isn't actually true, and you are too dim to realise that this is going to be obvious.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

easier than 'your removable desk pieces idea'. :)

Not when the desk has to sit against a wall. You can do everything from the top, without dragging hundreds of pounds of desk & other equipment out to make changes. At one time I had two computers, three monitors and a small TV on my computer desk's 'hutch'. A decent stereo on one shelf, a C-band sat reciever and several printers. were on other shelves. The whole mess was close to 600 pounds and was only two inches lower than the ceiling. Would you want to move that to run another cable? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Unless the "various sized pieces" is one, larger than 60" x 30", it's a bad design. I certainly don't want joints in the middle of my writing surface.

Which you obviously didn't provide.

Reply to
krw

some

You didn't ask, you just attacked. Actually, it will be over 60" wide. That's one reason I need a new desk. Things are hanging off all edges of this 36"*60" inch desk.

Why should I? You aren't going to build one.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

easier than 'your removable desk pieces idea'. :)

Nonsense. The trough is accessible from the top. Other designs it's accessible from the bottom, with cutouts to drop the cables through. No need to have rear access at all, indeed many are "built in" (modular office equipment).

Reply to
krw

some

Attacked? I know you're in pain, Michael, but you need to get your head out of your ass.

See above.

Reply to
krw

That's OK if you can CRAWL under the damned desk. I can't. The 'trough' for this desk is laying in the trash. A piece of flimsy plastic crap. I replaced it with a four foot outlet strip with 12 outlets.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Another ignorant SOB shows his ass.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

some

Have fun with that!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I didn't know there was training for trouble shooting? I thought it was training to learn how things worked and the trouble shooting should follow naturally? If that fails, then you're in the wrong business. Pulling a whole section of electrons just because some major test point that means nothing to you, failed the test procedure is a very costly way of doing business.

But, if there is such a thing, then the detection of blue smoke escaping its nest must be one of the items that a training course would teach you as an indication that sum-ting is wong! Something that maybe you are more familiar with.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Bill Sloman wrote: ...

amongst other things...

Well everybody enjoys a good laugh.

*realize* keep looking for your light switch. Ken
Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

After learning how it's 'supposed' to work, next is learning how to learn why is doesn't.

Test points don't help much with intermittent faults, usually they're for tuning, but can be helpful.

Yeah, simply sensing components for some excess heat is one trick.

Regards Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker