frequency to voltage converter

is it possible to build a frequency to voltage converting that runs off of 2 AA batteries.

Reply to
Matt

Sure.

John

fully charged, or flat?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

ok. could u please post a chip part number. thanks

Reply to
Matt

What frequency range and output voltage range?

Reply to
John Popelish

1400 - 3500 Hz and max output of 3 v
Reply to
Matt

2003
Reply to
ehsjr

What current? I am sure you can find chips to do it. The cheapest way I can think of is to use a $2 micro to switch/pump/charge a large capacitor, based on the input (frequency) and output (voltage). You can think of the micro as a feedback controller.

Reply to
linnix

Or fire a one-shot, HC123 maybe, and lowpass filter its output.

John

Actually, the batteries should be charged while measuring. :-)

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar