free stuff

OK, I admit it, I have too much stuff.

Does anybody want...

an HP310A wave analyzer, 0-1.5 MHz, probably works, manual.

an HP 302A ditto, 50 KHz.

one or more HP185 scopes for parts.

Free, free shipping. Email me.

Also some big old 5xx-series Tek scopes, but pickup only, San Francisco.

John

Oops, make that 180. You can't have my HP185.

John

OK, one down. Send me your shipping address. If I should say anything in the paperwork to avoid silly Canadian customs fees, let me know. I sent one Canadian guy an old sampling plugin as a gift, worth about zero, and customs charged him $50. What happened to NAFTA?

It's actually a neat gadget, a tuned RF receiver/filter sort of thing.

I have two of the 302's the 50 KHz version, which is the reason I'm willing to unload one. It's great for tracking hum and stuff.

John

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, I could use that one, if shipping it isn't too much trouble.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Moving is a great opportunity to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Or perhaps just to get more room to accumulate more wheat and even more chaff.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

Will send it to you with specific instructions, thanks. Below comments are for general interest only.

Could be sales tax on some kind of inferred value, or it could be mostly what UPS (prime offender) charged to fill out the paperwork to collect a few dollars in sales tax. Fedex Ground and USPS are not so bad. There's not much we can do but grit our teeth and pay the bill if someone ships by UPS ground.

The US is more reasonable on small stuff and doesn't bother much with anything under a few hundred dollars ($200 is always okay) and of course they don't collect state sales tax and there is no fed tax (yet?). Over a couple thousand dollars *everybody* starts to care about the type of invoice and number of copies and the exact country of origin and that sort of stuff. If I shipped it back to you, Fedex might not agree to take it back to the US because it doesn't meet FCC most likely, and they don't want to be considered importer of record. Still messy, but at least there is seldom any duty. On big shipments the costs are negligible. US duties are markedly higher than Canadian duties on a lot of imported stuff (I guess there's some industry to protect in those areas).

OTOH, *never* say ZERO value on anything of any physical size. The customs guys (who mostly collect sales tax these days) are not so stupid as to believe that anything has zero value, so they will treat it like a blank entry and put their own (perhaps inflated) idea of "value" in there. It's better to put a garage sale $10 or $15 on there.

Yes, I looked it up. I have an RF voltmeter, but nothing tuned like that one.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On 06/12/2005 the venerable John Larkin etched in runes:

. .

Sorry, does not compute. Surely nobody can have 'too much stuff'. You should see my office/loft/garage .....

--
John B
Reply to

I have one of the HP 312B wave analyzers that one of the engineers at Microdyne bought at the Orlando Hamfest for $5. He was going to scrap it for the case. I asked him to sell it to me but he could never make up his mind and ended up giving it to me when he left the company.

Good for you that you are willing to share your extra equipment. I am still looking for parts for some of my equipment that was damaged during the hurricanes last year. I still haven't found a meter for my HP331 distortion analyzer. Water got into the meter movement and it was rusted solid when I found it a couple days later. I have given away older test equipment to students a number of times to keep them interested in electronics.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can sell you a HP331A.

Ignoramus21666

Please E-mail me with the information.

--
Been there, Done that, I\'ve got my DD214 to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell