For the 555 fans

:-) Have you got a toobz version?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Now that would be a fun project.

Reply to
tm

I probably could roll such a version... I grew up in a radio and TV repair shop, built a few ultra-linear power amps but found toobz rather boring... to the point that my academic plan was to go into architecture.

Them in 1956, my father became a Raytheon wholesaler. Filling the parts bins I discovered CK722's, and CK760's. I was hooked >:-] ...Jim Thompson

How about a mechanical version?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Using relays?

Someone did a full CPU with relays but I don't have a link to the article.

Reply to
tm

This one?

--

-Tauno
Reply to

I was thinking of completely mechanical using dashpots and springs and such. Maybe 3D print it so it looks ugly and works badly, but is newsworthy.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Yes, that's it. A 555 should be a piece of cake.

Reply to
tm

Brings back good memories! I still have the CK722 a friend gave me in 1958 (?) Never had a CK760 :-( Bike rides to the dump to get parts from radios & TV's. Got an after school job at the local Radio/TV repair shop as a gopher/floor sweeper/truck loader/etc and they let me fix stuff when there was no non-fixing work to do.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Wow... that sounds fun... (OK I was just thinking about a 'bang-bang' rail limited oscillator.. not the entire 555 'logic diagram/ truth table'.) Mechanically that seems hard enough.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

e.

OK I'm mostly an idiot mechanically, But if we could make something that lo oks like an integrator.. I was thinking about angular velocity, as the cont rolled parameter... but that might not be so good. Maybe just store energy in a rotational spring, (angualr position?)

George H.

"

com

com

Reply to
George Herold

Hydraulic shouldn't be too hard...

Reply to
Ralph Barone

Wow, I just turned 101000b, you guys make me feel young, thanks :-)

One of my colleagues doesn't know what a slide ruler calculator is. (that makes me old again)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Maybe angular velocity = voltage, torque = current.

Input power is from a motor driving a shaft.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

One year younger than my youngest child.

I have a 24 year old granddaughter marrying in November.

...Jim Thompson

looks like an integrator.. I was thinking about angular velocity, as the c ontrolled parameter... but that might not be so good. Maybe just store ene rgy in a rotational spring, (angualr position?)

OK.. I wasn't sure where the energy came from.. I was thinking of maybe som e gravity feed .. which might turn it into a cockoo clock.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Here are the LED displays you need for the clock:

;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell