For scientific interest only

Do Color Blind People See More Colors When They Take Hallucinogens?

Very interesting.

Found out my son in law had some color blindness when my daughter got him an electronics kit, I was helping him and he kept reading the resistor color bands wrong.

Reply to
amdx

Slightly related, but still curious, how to correlate the scientific explanation for why a person needs glasses to the disparity of the requirement for glasses between personalities of someone with 'split' personalities. I wonder if color blindness also is different.

PS: Can't help it. Don't need no stinking glasses, drink straight from the bottle.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I rarely have brief hallucinations [1], which I really enjoy. I have fairly terrible vision, but the hallucinations (brief, usually still images, objects or faces) are stunning in their clarity and brilliance. I wish I could see like that all the time.

[1] Apparently something like 30% of the population has hallucinations, and about half have had what they consider to be a mystical experience.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I know somebody who was visited by Jesus, and received detailed information about the secret of the universe, but he's not allowed to tell anyone what it is. He was using at the time.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to

A friend of mine had a stroke. He had vivid persistent hallucinations for weeks before they faded. They ranged from odd abstract things to people being walking into rooms through walls or simply being in his house. He said he could handle it ok when in hospital but it freaked him out when at home he'd suddenly see someone in his bed room etc.

Reply to
Belleman