Find some high stability RTC.

Hi,all I am with a design which need very high frequency stabality RTC(real time clock). 0.8ppm with temprature range from -40C --85C. I only found the maxim's ds3221 with 3.5ppm from -40C --85C. Any suggestion? thx

Reply to
WGNoise

Not quite what you want, but

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

Un bel giorno snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com digitò:

0.8 ppm in -40/+85 look *very* hard to achieve. You don't have to care about the RTC, you need a very stable TCXO, or a OCXO.
--
asd
Reply to

Use an ovened crystal ? This was always the choice for frequency accuracy of old. Does anyone still do them ?

Just looked. IQD certainly did in 1995 ( old data book ). Offered up to

0.25ppm freq stability.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

A customized OCXO will do the job. Customized since the temperature range is non standard. You sure could use a normal OCXO running at +75 Degrees or so. But if it did run colder, you'd possibly save a lot of power.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

GPS derived? Internet time server? Radio controlled clock.. Even 50 Hz (60Hz?) controlled clocks should have good long term stability.

--
 - René
Reply to