FET 200V, <20mOhms, SO8, under $0.70?

Folks,

Got a need for a FET and this one is almost ideal except for its 150V abs max rating which in our case is marginal:

Does anyone know such a FET in 200V or better? Must be same or lower price range, less than $0.70 in five-digit or higher qties. SO8 with a drain pad like for cooling the SIR872 would be nice but other packages are fine as long as they aren't as fat as DPAK. Standard level ok and actually preferred.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What do you mean by "marginal"? Most fets are perfectly happy running at their abs-max voltage.

It's power dissipation that the vendors lie about.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Si7172dp, 82 cents from Avnet

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Unfortunately its Rdson is three times higher.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, but operating a FET above abs max during surges ain't cool.

I know, reminds me of PMPO (presumptive marketing power output, or something like that ...) specs at the discounters where a simple MP3 player was listed at half a kilowatt. You can really only go by the package performance. Dissipation will be very low in this case.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Why? The SIR872 is 18mOhms and can do 150V. Doesn't seem like a big step to 200V and if the package has to be slightly larger that is ok. Just not as big as D2PAK (sorry, I meant D2PAK, not DPAK).

Height we have so thickness would not matter. Another option is to use two 40mOhm FETs but then they'd have to cost half.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You're paying for the package, and 20mR@200V is wishful thinking.

Infinion (PG-TDSON-8), Toshiba (8-SOP) and Renesas (8-WPAK) do the package, 50-80mR maybe, but not for less than a US$0.80. Dpak isn't really a commodity package either. You can get the same in SO8, but no drain pad - SO8 is not configured for flush mount.

30mR > $1.20.

Dpak/TO252/SC63/SOT428 is fairly thin already. Don't confuse it with D2/TO263/SC83/SOT404.

Reply to
legg

Oh, added specs.

BTW, 200V parts must have higher Rds than 150V parts.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It's in the subject line :-)

I have some IPB107 here, 200V and 10mOhms. Aside from the size the main problem is that they cost over $2.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

30mR@200V > $1.20, BSC320N20NS3, TPH2900ENH ~ the price of the 20mR@150V part you've mentioned.

Anyways, don't ask me why. There has always been a hole in this voltage range, because nobody uses them in quantity. Telecom 48V needed 150V, off-line needed 350V+.

If North Americans had made products for 120VAC only, the situation might have been different at one time in the past. It doesn't make any difference in the present, as all products for NA are made off-shore for a wider market.

200V is now seeing some potential uses, in automotive and LV AC drives, but I expect the final dedicated hardware to resolve into a form that is unusable elsewhere, with great rapidity, as automotive hardware always does.

RL

Reply to
legg

Thanks, finally there is a contender. The BSC costs too much and the TPH is still 30c higher than the SIR872 but that is always a matter of negotiation. The guaranteed Rdson is 29mOhm versus 18mOhm, could be a stretch but may be low enough if we have no choice.

Aerospace needs them as well because of surge specs on 117V/400Hz airliner power buses. But it is also a small market.

Yes, and then vanish the millisecond a particular line of cars is dicontinued.