FBI Lawyer pleads GUILTY to FALSIFYING evidence presented to FISA court

Don't worry. You have no contenders for your spot.

Reply to
John S

I expect the courts would take it about as seriously as all the other "defamation" (maybe read up on what defamation per-se is and isn't) that goes on in Usenet daily, that is to say not very.

/eyeroll

Reply to
bitrex

Without excusing him, Tyrant-fan-osaurus jogged my memory usefully, though--I should have said, "whataboutism and lies." silly me for omitting such an obvious part of their arsenal.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

So should we fight for our race? If there was any misunderstanding it should be easy enough to clear up. Y/N

Reply to
bitrex

and

the

np

....my

y of

%

ere

't do

e conservatives. To you it is a battle, us vs. them. I'm happy to discuss issues and find common ground, even giving a little to get a decent compro mise.

ho isn't on your side. You are exactly the sort of person to supports Trum p wholeheartedly and are happy to burn the country to the ground to get wha t you want.

. The irony is that would not be happening if anyone else had become Presi dent other than Trump. ANYONE!!! Even Pee Wee Herman. He has to be a con servative, he was caught in the stall next to that less than openly gay Con gressman, right?

.

Actually he wouldn't, but for technical reasons which you will never agree with, so it's pointless to argue with you. I'll just say that for it to be actionable it has to be false and cause demonstrated harm. I would bet Ph il himself would agree there is no harm and he likely would agree it is tru e if you come at it from the right angle.

Where's the harm? There seems to be a lot of alignment of ideas. If it wa lks like a duck...

I'm just waiting for Phil to come out with his manifesto.

--
  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

The legal system doesn't give a toss about "defamatory statements" made in the context of the Internet-equivalent of a bar-brawl over politics. particularly when the other guy picks the fight. Little tough to argue one's fine reputation has been besmirched when one voluntarily jumped in the shit to take some shots to begin with.

Reply to
bitrex

He think you just go into court and point your finger and are like "This vile leftist said thus and so about me!" and they bang the gavel and award you a million dollars in damages. lol

Sometimes they just require that a public retraction and apology be made. Doesn't seem like a great value for the legal costs involved. Like I'll gladly make a public apology and retraction for only 4-5 grand instead of say 10 grand going to attorney and court fees. I'm a capitalist

Reply to
bitrex

e:

:

n and

g the

runp

A.....my

ety of

00%

ain

the

ot

s,

were

dn't do

nd

the conservatives. To you it is a battle, us vs. them. I'm happy to discu ss issues and find common ground, even giving a little to get a decent comp romise.

who isn't on your side. You are exactly the sort of person to supports Tr ump wholeheartedly and are happy to burn the country to the ground to get w hat you want.

cy. The irony is that would not be happening if anyone else had become Pre sident other than Trump. ANYONE!!! Even Pee Wee Herman. He has to be a c onservative, he was caught in the stall next to that less than openly gay C ongressman, right?

and

ad.

e with, so it's pointless to argue with you. I'll just say that for it to be actionable it has to be false and cause demonstrated harm. I would bet Phil himself would agree there is no harm and he likely would agree it is t rue if you come at it from the right angle.

walks like a duck...

What you've posted is simply disgraceful.

Phil has *never* indicated the slightest affection for the vile sentiments you've attributed. You've fabricated a repellent fantasy out of whole cloth.

Next, you make light of the harm -- "Where's the harm?"

If you didn't believe being defamed on USENET was potentially harmful, with real consequences, then why have you posted anonymously, year after year?

There's no excuse for bearing false witness; it's a crime in every society that's ever been. There's a reason it's one of the Ten Commandments.

No society can function where good men are constantly falsely accused.

The practice is indefensible.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of the Communist party. now piss off.

Reply to
bitrex

ote:

e:

:

te:

on and

ing the

Trunp

CIA.....my

riety of

100%

rtain

or a

t the

got

ers,

ey were

didn't do

And

r the conservatives. To you it is a battle, us vs. them. I'm happy to dis cuss issues and find common ground, even giving a little to get a decent co mpromise.

ne who isn't on your side. You are exactly the sort of person to supports Trump wholeheartedly and are happy to burn the country to the ground to get what you want.

ency. The irony is that would not be happening if anyone else had become P resident other than Trump. ANYONE!!! Even Pee Wee Herman. He has to be a conservative, he was caught in the stall next to that less than openly gay Congressman, right?

"and

bad.

ree with, so it's pointless to argue with you. I'll just say that for it t o be actionable it has to be false and cause demonstrated harm. I would be t Phil himself would agree there is no harm and he likely would agree it is true if you come at it from the right angle.

t walks like a duck...

Easily defended. Stating the facts is not defamation. There, defense rest s.

You are weird. Go away.

--
  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

Still looks like some of your folks are going up the river for a well-deserved vacation at taxpayer expense, in token of the value of their public service.

Hopefully several more of their deserving colleagues will be similarly recognized.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Not sure what deep invested interest you think I have in the FBI. Sounds like a inter-governmental power squabble over what set of feet get to wear the jack-boots to me.

Reply to
bitrex

ote:

e:

:

[...]

Strange that James Arthur makes a habit of it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That's why Liberals love to do it. It fits right in with their other constant stream of lies.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael_A_Terrell

The only question is who is guilty of what:

I tend to call myself a witch

Reply to
bitrex

Real Marxists don't vote!

Marxists and right-libertarians disagree on a lot of stuff but one thing they do seem to agree on is a ballot box is a non-ideality. Democracy is a means to an end, it isn't an end in itself.

Reply to
bitrex