fast logic

Hi,

Does anybody make fast logic gates/flops (multi-GHz rates, 50 ps edges, ecl or cml) besides On and Micrel? Not EL or EP, that's too slow.

Interesting that Micrel (Sy55 series) and On (NBSG series) have a few similar parts, but the On parts are at least twice the price. A single NBSG53 flipflop is close to $40. It's annoying to design logic at $40 per gate.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Maybe some GaAs from Oki, Sony, Triquint, but probably not much more than what they need for their fiber links and at outragous prices.

There is a fast comparator from AD with 35 ps risetime that might be interesting.

National/TI seem to have this & that.

For me, it's currently Micrel & On.

\Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

We use the ADCMP582, and it's nice, even if only to generate edges. But I need to do some downstream logic that will transmit, say, a 100 ps pulse.

I did just discover On's NB7V series, which is similar to the NBSG stuff but half the price.

Hittite will sell you gates and flops for somewhere north of $100 per.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com