Explain dual freq. FM pulse homing

So you're the stock boy, Boy? That's a nice step up from your last job.

Reply to
John KD5YI

"selective=20

says: GPS=20

(SA)=20

to the=20

Understood. Wikipedia is usually good, but not always.

Reply to
josephkk

Hardly.

No, adult male, aka man.

You have no clue what any job I ever held was, boy.

Currently:

I stock our company's coffers with hundreds of millions of dollars.

No, you will not be getting the firm's name.

No, you don't come anywhere close to me.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

I'm snipping this to leave in only the bits I am questioning or disagree with. I'm not trying to change the context.

This is not correct and there is a simple experiment that everyone can try. The classic doppler shif example is the sound of a moving train where you stand near the line and the train goes left to right (or right to left). The pitch rises as the absolute distance between the observer and the train reduces and decreases as the train moves further away. This is true even though the train is not moving directly toward or away from the observer.

There is no Doppler shift if the distance between the target and observer remains constant.

Oh, no. An example of the difference leading a target makes can be seen in the kill stats of Falcon vs. Sidewinder missiles in the Vietnam war. Falcons used a pure pursuit path (i.e. directly toward the target) and the Sidewinders used a lead angle pursuit path. It makes a big difference.

Separately, I think the OP has the torpedo operation around the wrong way. The torpedo starts in passive mode and then kicks into active mode when the torpedo goes into high speed

Cheers all.

Reply to
David Eather

You snip too much. WHO were the previous posters?

Beginners Calculus... pursuit curves.

...Jim Thompson

You have any proof of that?

So, you *are* the stock boy.

Of course not.

I never approach repulsive things.

Reply to
John KD5YI

"David Eather Cannot Read "

** It is 100% correct.

Keep reading my post until you get it - Dave .

** Which is exactly the case cited.

** Oh yes.

The homing torpedo problem is unlike other cases.

** Wrong in every way possible.

My god you are an utter idiot.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No, night janitor.

Honey wagon guard?

Reply to
krw

So what happens with the train? The train is not moving directly towards or away from the observer but it has Doppler shift?

For this to be the case, if the observer and target were moving, the target would have to circle the observer at a constant distance (or the other way around)

Its the same problem as for air to air missiles and the fact is that the simple tail chase algorithm was so substantially bettered that it is not used any more.

The flow noise at 60kts makes passive sonar impossible. Note the Spearfish uses active sonar for terminal homing.

Tom Clancy also claims the Mk 48 uses active sonar for terminal homing. (Some people think Clancy is authoritative, I don't, but his opinion may be worth something)

I'm not your god.

Reply to
David Eather

"David Eather Cannot Read"

** Keep reading MY post until you get it - Dave.

It is 100% correct.

** The situation is as described in MY post.

The operative words are " .. determine the speed ".

** Bullshit.

** Your errors are:

  1. The OP never mentioned the subject.

  2. No mention of the torpedo changing speed was made by the OP or me.

  1. The torpedo alluded to by the OP is the " Stingray".

Post ANYTHING you have to say on this topic to the OP or the NG.

NOT ME you RETARDED ASS !!!!!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison