EV Charging: Let It Be Free

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It is not stealing. The PROVIDED power is part of and built into the rent paid by the tenants.

Just like the water exiting the tap in your kitchen.

Damn, you are thick, boy. It is sad that you seem to love to be thick. It doesn't make ANY intellectual sense.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whether you pay for your utilities or not when you rent a dwelling is entirely determined by your lease contract there's no general law or policy on that most places in the US, it's at the renter's discretion.

Reply to
bitrex

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Whereas yu are apparently perfectly fine with yourself and your spawn all gettingo oxygen free of charge.

In your case, the cost is your soul, dipshit. You are a thief, and you and your spawn sully the human gene pool.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Or I should say, whether it's included in your contractual rental rate. You always pay for it

Reply to
bitrex

I am saying there is no other option, other than stealing. I am not saying people should do it. Retail establishment won't let people use it, even if you want to pay for it.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

bitrex wrote in news:YHrnE.549013$ snipped-for-privacy@fx47.iad:

Dude. You are mumbling.

At some places, the LESSOR even makes the renter pay for water. Generally that comes down to how the buildings are built and if there is any facility to individually gauge usage.

I have even had power outlets in storage units I rented. They no longer build storage facilities with individual unit lighting (that has accessible outlets).

So, it ALWAYS comes down to the lessor agreement. The lessor has to abide by laws, but that isn't what any of this is about either.

This is a parking area PROVIDED by the property owner for the use of the tenants. PERIOD. The lease itself would have to have wording making it some kind of lease aggreement violation for the tenants to make use of available externally provided power outlets.

Skip to the modern world...

NOW, IF common use of said outlets are for EV charging and that upsets the property owner, they can THEN amend or alter the lease agreements to include wording referencing the use of them.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Charging is not a problem at home or near city, but it's a problem in EV desert area on freeway/highway.

I am saying it's better to subsidize the end user (via charging) than manufacturers (via sales)

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Yup, I meant the lessor's discretion, apologies

Right. Some condo and apartment complexes around here do that, apparently. They're aware of electric cars to the point that the management is sure it's one more thing they don't want to deal with and just write in an addendum "electric vehicle charging not allowed" on the contract

Reply to
bitrex

It was back east, Rhode Island or something like that.

 Click to see the full signature

I referred to a public parking garage where the outlets in the pillars were probably there for vacuum cleaners or something, installed decades ago. I hope all those moochers are blowing breakers and shutting one another off.

Even in an apartment garage, I don't think the owners planned on dumping multi kilowatts for 8-hour stretches. A lot of the "green" thing is people trying to be cheap. The OP misjudged that and now he wants the public to make it right.

We pay for our water.

 Click to see the full signature

And a horrible electric car. My Leaf gets 3 to 4 miles per kWH. Even at 15 cents per kWH, it costs less than 5 cents per mile.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I'm not asking for a govenment subsidy for that. The government doesn't tax air yet, but are taxing rain.

My spawn are doing great, one PhD botanist and one MBA. I have a grand-daughter that is a universal knockout.

How are yours?

 Click to see the full signature

Or else they're making an apples to oranges comparison and factoring in the sale price of a new electric vehicle vs. buying a used gas car that gets decent mileage. Well, sure. You can always find a way to lower your transit costs depending on what you're willing to give up. Drive a 1989 Honda CRX manual it probably gets almost as good as a Prius. or ride a bicycle

Reply to
bitrex

Some rate schedules start billing you at a higher rate after you pull 8 or 10 kWh in a day and there can be a jump up to some crazy rate like 35 cents per. I don't know if RI does that the only place I know off the top of my head that has rate schedules like that in places is CA whose electric rate system seems more convoluted than their tax structures probably are

Reply to
bitrex

Do you use other people's outlets without permission or payment? "No other option" to stealing?

It sounds to me like you bought an electric car without doing the homework, and now it's not cheap or convenient like you wanted, so now you want other people to pay for your mistake.

 Click to see the full signature

Stealing electricity is stealing.

Tell us about your electric car.

 Click to see the full signature

I plead the 5th.

I am fully aware of all the problems before buying it. So, are you saying people should just junk the otherwise excellent 7 years old EV? Creating more waste from this and making newer (car) waste?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I think it's better to not subsidize anyone and let people pay for their own choices and mistakes.

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, but subsidizing end user is the better of two evils, if i have to choose. Otherwise, get rid of subsidy for all auto makers, oil companies, etc. as well.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

What I noticed growing up lower-middle class in a town of the upper middle class and the just plain rich is that the poor tend to get penalized very hard for rather minor "mistakes" and the wealthy tend to get off scot-free for major ones. Crash your Benz while drunk at age 16? No problem. Local police quietly clean that situation up, your Dad is friends with the chief after all. and Mom just buy you a new one.

It's nothing new I guess but the more galling aspect is when that 16 year old grows up into a 35-40 year old and in the intervening time has confabulated a story as to where their success came from. Not going to prison for things the poor sometimes go to prison for probably helps a lot.

Reply to
bitrex