Europe is mad, sustances of very high concern

substances

included

=20

science=20

indicator,=20

I=20

=20

percent=20

=20

their=20

impossible=20

Or perhaps "akavit".

Reply to
JosephKK

But you reversed the colors.

JosephKK

Senior moment ;-)

'S'obvious, really. It's pink in solution.

It was over half a century ago :-)

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

And so are you! :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

No quarrel with that ;-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

ed

Not that I know--gotta link?

The headline risk of BeO is berylliosis--an allergic reaction of some people--and mostly from inhaling the dust.

-- Cheers, Jaes Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

It probably is an over reaction - especially when immobilised in a silica gel. But civil servants mainly have classics degrees and politicians are mostly lawyers so don't expect rationality.

I wouldn't say it was a deadly carcinogen. More a deadly poison - if you survive the immediate acute toxicity then it might increase your chances of getting cancer in the long term, but the main risk is as a poison.

It was a real hazard for the guys who sharpened beryllium copper chisels used in flame proof areas and the MSDS gives it as likely carcinogen - not really entirely proven as acute lethal effects tend to dominate. eg

CICAD goes further based on statistics of workers in Be processing

There is a pure beryllium single crystal in a museum somewhere that has a list of the unfortunate people it has killed attached. It was one of the easier materials for Xray crystallography in the early days. However a scratch from it never healed and in some unlucky individuals proved fatal.

BeO and other beryllium salts are not nice to handle.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

If you cut your finger, you do not want ANY Be compound touching it, and getting into your bloodstream.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You can't argue with the facts, if you're not a dimbulb. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

You can't be a total TerrellTard, unless you are a total TerrellTard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

in

included

indicators

paint.

be

How about this one. It reads fairly similar to the others.

Reply to
JosephKK

I guess you CAN argue with the facts, if you're DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

--

THIS POSTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELECTRONICS
WHERE ARE THE THOUGHT POLICE WHEN YOU NEED THEM?