EPC2308

I recall some EPC suit saying that they would never sell a packaged part.

Am 24.01.23 um 23:00 schrieb John Larkin:

At least, that's not much of a package. :-)

I once used one of their smaller parts 0.9 mm * 0.9 mm in a chopper amplifier to take advantage of the small charge injection. It turned out to be easily soldered. They call that thingie a power transistor.

I used the Altium part decals that EPC proposed. They have the solder mask on part of the pads. JLCPCB asked back if I really wanted it that way. I said yes and it worked nicely.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

I like the tiny 4-ball parts, like EPC2038. Their drain-gate capacitance is about zero so you can do stuff that wouldn't work with mosfets.

They recommend solder-mask-defined pads but that's not really necessary; the worst aligned thing on a PCB is usually the mask.

'Sort of' responding to their sales team's feedback in Europe.

RL

Reply to
legg

onsdag den 25. januar 2023 kl. 00.42.02 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

as long as alignment is good enough that the openings land on copper only the scale should matter

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen