Embedding Images in Audio Spectrograms

I refer to a ill-fated recent post regarding building "texture" within an XY EM field composite.

Here is something a bit different. Whether or not it could actually be adapted to "conveys" field structure using orthagonal coils, based upon frequency instead of amplitude variations, is open to question.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

The image is at the end of the track. Spooky.

Mark Henderson

Reply to
mhenderson

Oh that's neet. Funny thing is, you can tell it's.... something, but it's not music, the image that is (although I'm sure some would argue about the rest of the track as well). Like listening to composite video (or watching it on an oscilloscope), or data from a modem. If you learned the skill to process it, you could visualize it.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

Like listening to composite video (or

I have seen this work with composite (analog) video on a scope.

You can sometimes see the object the camera sees on the scope. Here is how .... imagine a simple object like a big number 3 for example. (Think chann el ID) Consider the scope is set up at the line rate so the left side of t he scope corresponds to the left side of the picture and the right to the r ight. Now consider that the object is lit from above so the part of the ob ject near the top of the picture has more light and bottom has less. Now y ou should be able to imagine how this maps the top of the object to the top of the scope and the bottom to the bottom. It still is very amazing to se e in action.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

Here is some related software. has been used to give "sight" to blind persons.

I could ses someone making a fortune writing an app for this that works off a phone camera.

Mark Henderson

Reply to
mhenderson

Now that raises in interesting question. Could people, through some type of involuntary conditioning, learn to respond to a broastcast signal that has an embedded image, such as a brand logo or simiilar?

Mark Henerson.

Reply to
mhenderson

Sure -- most have a signature 'jingle', right? :) Of course, relatively simple musical compositions are easier to remember, so they are more common, too.

Call me a product of conditioning, my involuntary reaction is to reach for the mute button. ;)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation