Electroporation

que in which an electrical field is applied to cells in order to increase t he permeability of the cell membrane, allowing chemicals, drugs, or DNA to be introduced into the cell.

ot use a viral vector. Developing immune response to the viral vector could be a real problem, especially when a booster is required.

ine-candidate/

razer/12146616

anslation or he has a screw loose. Given Australia's history of vaccine dev elopment, it's probably the latter.

st commonly found to be entry points of the viral infection. Polio uses the intestine for example. The animal test being performed on the corona virus candidates are directly challenging the lung tissues of the animals, using some kind of ventilator arrangement where they can precisely control the v iral mega-dose. This was done in the case of the macaques anyway. The DNA v accine test on the mice was probably the same. The mice are a good animal m odel because they're famously susceptible to developing a raging pneumonia that kills them dead very, very quickly. So it's quite the test and quite a n accomplishment to save them, not just from death, but from even showing s ymptoms. I don't think durability of immunity is an issue, in the developed world anyway, since people can just a get booster periodically. People usi ng the viral vector type vaccine, like the over-hyped Oxford vaccine, most likely will not be eligible for a booster. People using the DNA vaccines ad ministered via electroporlation will not have that limitation.

Well I hope you're right. I searched for Fauci's Jan. 20th statement that NIH was already working on a vaccine and found it.

The same article includes quotes from other vaccine researchers who thought coronavirus would be an easy target. But AIUI a coronavirus vaccine has been long-sought and still never done. I don't know who's right.

ndex.html

Since the Wuhan Surprise infects the lungs' surface, I wonder about topical treatments, or even topical vaccines (as in, 'inhale a whiff of these nanoWuhanbits, to fool your immune system into making SARS-CoV2 antibodies').

I've had great luck treating sinus & throat infections topically, mostly with salt water. It a) physically washes pathogens away, and b) hypersalinity kills the critters surprisingly efficiently. It's not usually enough to win the war, but it takes about 90% of the heat off the battle, reducing the pathogen load essentially instantly.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Can you explain what you mean by that? As we were talking about, using electroporation to make a DNA modification to a cell is routine, but you get a very small amount of material, which you then grow, amplify and process in the usual way. That's what you get to administer, SFAIK. What did you mean, by saying, administered via electroporation?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

:

nique in which an electrical field is applied to cells in order to increase the permeability of the cell membrane, allowing chemicals, drugs, or DNA t o be introduced into the cell.

not use a viral vector. Developing immune response to the viral vector cou ld be a real problem, especially when a booster is required.

ccine-candidate/

-frazer/12146616

translation or he has a screw loose. Given Australia's history of vaccine d evelopment, it's probably the latter.

most commonly found to be entry points of the viral infection. Polio uses t he intestine for example. The animal test being performed on the corona vir us candidates are directly challenging the lung tissues of the animals, usi ng some kind of ventilator arrangement where they can precisely control the viral mega-dose. This was done in the case of the macaques anyway. The DNA vaccine test on the mice was probably the same. The mice are a good animal model because they're famously susceptible to developing a raging pneumoni a that kills them dead very, very quickly. So it's quite the test and quite an accomplishment to save them, not just from death, but from even showing symptoms. I don't think durability of immunity is an issue, in the develop ed world anyway, since people can just a get booster periodically. People u sing the viral vector type vaccine, like the over-hyped Oxford vaccine, mos t likely will not be eligible for a booster. People using the DNA vaccines administered via electroporlation will not have that limitation.

/index.html

Your body is fully protected from anything trying enter through the skin by what's called innate immunity. These are about a half dozen different type s of white blood cell lymphocytes that are non-specific, which means they a ttack everything that's foreign. If the invader breaks past them, there's a humoral immune response available to mount a defense. That Australian was talking about some ultra unlikely scenario.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The alternative method is to use a virus to implant the DNA into the cell n ucleus. Since it's a virus, the body will develop immunity which means anti bodies are floating around to not only attack their free floating viral vec tor, but here will be T-cells that will kill the cells infected by their vi rus, the cells that are supposed to be producing antigen. They can get away with it on the first vaccination because there shouldn't be a fast immune response, but they will surely run into some kind of problems on the second time around. There is a description of this effect in the brief write-up o n the Takis link I gave you.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

:

[...]

I was following Fauci back in the 2004-2005 timeframe when he was cutting r esearch grant checks to the tune of $20-30 million weekly for biotechs prom ising development of targeted immunosuppressive therapy drugs, mainly for t he lungs, during the original SARS crisis. I guess nothing ever came of the m.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Hello, This is the only way I've found to contact you, sorry. Over in diyAudio there's been a discussion on whether the second edition of The Art of Electronics has been placed in the public domain. Can you please clarify this, and I will relay your answer? Thanks.

Ray

Reply to
ray

ote:

e in which an electrical field is applied to cells in order to increase the permeability of the cell membrane, allowing chemicals, drugs, or DNA to be introduced into the cell.

use a viral vector. Developing immune response to the viral vector could b e a real problem, especially when a booster is required.

e-candidate/

zer/12146616

Strange that we now have several effective anti-Covid-19 vaccines. The one actually developed at the University of Queensland worked very well, but si nce it incorporated a chunk of a protein that show up in the HIV virus, peo ple who got it gave false positives to some tests for HIV, and it has been dumped.

The article is dated 17th April 2020 . James Arthur isn't all that well-inf ormed, and his confidence is often misplaced.

--
Bil Sloman, Sydney
Reply to