Electronic Design - Project Management

Right-brained ignorant fool twaddle snipped.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

Right brained - probably Ignorant - definitely not Fool - sometimes

Despite that I managed to function successfully in industry alongside sales and marketing people and develop highly successful products. How have you managed to overcome your limitations or is bleating all you do?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

It depends on what you mean by "successfully."

Any venture could be called a "success". I've worked for a dot-startup that lost nearly $100 million in 11 months on $180 million IPO before dumping their flagship product completely (it was stupid idea, and they did not listen to the engineers). There are people who got laid off after massive losses STILL call it a success, six years later. Ironically, this time it was the top marketing executive who had her head on straight, while the top sales person did not have a clue. [Come to think of it, she is probably the best marketing person I have ever met.]

In any case, if you mean playing the game, yes, I know how to do that. Back in the winter of 1996, I remember looking down from 29th Floor of a company that has over $1 trillion in assets at a chauffeur who was dressed in black trench coat and hat, standing in a foot of snow outside his limo, waiting for me in my girlfriend, who worked not far from my cubicle, with mine and her uncommonly-difficult last name spelled correctly on a little white sign that he held up high. Relatively large dual incomes, no children, occasional flights to Europe for fun, but no vehicle, as it was unnecessary. My boss happened to be a friend and fellow alum.

I gave that up to move to Texas to start a consulting company, and my clients would invite me to their parties just to hear me crack on people like you. (just kidding).

I know how to play the game. But self-preservation is *not* a definition of "success", at least not for me. And job security? It's not something to worry about, not in this part of the world.

I regard success as creating something that the customer actually wants and pays for and keeps paying for because they like it, not because it comes with fancy mints and and incredibly attractive salesperson.

Companies like Qualcomm, Broadcomm, Google...these are successful companies. You know because they put it tactfully on their recruitment pages - "Please Note: We are a company that strives to keep bullsh*t to an absolute minimum."

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

"Waiting for you in your girlfreind"?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Freakian Slip?

For some strange reason, my "writing" has become extremely sloppy over the past couple of years. There/their, omitted words, duplicate words, it's horrible. Going to start writing hand-written letters again to see if that helps.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

I find that taking a minute or so to re-read what you've typed helps catch a lot of mistakes.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

diatribe snipped

I agree completely. And as I said earlier, that only happens when sales, marketing,development and manufacture work together as a TEAM.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Your jokes are not funny.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

Late at night, by candle light, Charlie Edmondson penned this immortal opus:

Colognes and those cheap room odorizers are absolutely deadly for me. Allergic nose, any strong scent, pollen and some stuff I haven't identified make the nostrils swell up on the inside and then get all runny. Then the breathing through the mouth dries out the throat and I have coughing fits.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Where does Tingleff come from? Nederlands?

Just curious.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin