Electric Kazoo

Hi all,

I would like to add a microphone to my kazoo, and play it through a guitar amplifier. I know that a product exists of this type that is already made (

), and would order one, but I need for this weekend.

My problem is, I don't know much about different microphone impedances, and how the mic outputs compare with instrument level outputs. If I walk in to my local surplus store, and go to grab a microphone, there are lots of different electret and condenser mics... which would work best with the instrument level input of my amplifier? Should I add more electronics to this (instead of having the microphone go directly to the amplifier) to protect the amplifier from damage?

I don't know if this is extrenious information, but the cord to the amp will be short (about 3 feet long). I also have a guitar preamp that I could hook up in line with the kazoo, if neccisary.

Thanks!

Reply to
obarbut

Go to a music/guitar amp store, and see if they have a tiny clip-on mic that will work with your amp. That's way the simplest.

Good Luck Kazooing! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise