eight dollar 0805 resistor

A log log plot of resistance vs price might be interesting. for different tolerances.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Isn't Digikey in Thief River Falls?

Yeah, since resistors go from milliohms to teraohms, a linear plot would be tricky.

On a PC board, with 0805 parts, I can make time constants from 1e-15 to 1e8 seconds. That's an impressive range.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

A lumped element circuit at 1 fs would be a good trick--that's 300 nm of coax!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

10^8 seconds is ~3 years, that will be a good trick too!

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

A canny engineer should then discontinue high-value resistor purchases, and substitute low-value conductors. Let them try to charge by the siemens...

Conductors can substitute for resistors in many circuits; soon, we'll see online mini-courses in how to do the redesign. iPhone users--there's an app for that!

Reply to
whit3rd