EE's who do PCB Layout

No, it's not right now... just starting to think about an upcoming project which appears to be about 90% of a sure-thing at this point.

I haven't looked at that one before; thanks for the link. (Some of the low-power parts that we've used in the past were aimed at, e.g., paging applications and unfortunately are now gone.)

It sleeps for awhile, wakes up to listen every now and again, and repeats. (It initially has to listen for awhile to "sync up" and then, knowing it's own ID, can figure out when to sleep and when to listen.)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Good. Many of the calls I get are like "Well, the roof is already on fire...".

Yes, pagers are almost gone except for emergency crews. Even if the chips weren't gone I would not bank on them for anything that needs to remain in production for years. And from experience I'd try to stick to mainstream manufacturers and be careful with recently sold or acquired companies or product lines. Sometimes those parts can do a quick Houdini.

Take a look at chips for higher-end keyless entry systems. Meaning the ones that really work, not the super-cheap super-regen receivers.

If your 20mW spec is for the average consumption that should be no problem. If it is for the active phase it'll present a bit of a challenge at 900MHz. But I guess challenges are why guys like us chose engineering.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to