EE educations, worldwide?

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I am available. Sacto area.

Reply to
JosephKK

Jim Thompson snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Personally i am decidedly against large inherited wealth. It corrupts your children, helping them to think that the wealth was their own creation when it was yours. It is far better to sell the company to the employees, most of whom have contributed to it's success.

As for charity, Melinda Gates has shown us that performance based giving is the way to go.

Reply to
JosephKK

Joerg snipped-for-privacy@removethispacbell.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

In that position my response would not be suitable to general audiences. Just short of baseball bat cranial re-calibration.

Reply to
JosephKK

Good! I was afraid it would be turned into yet another shopping center that then becomes a ghost town in the next economic downturn. I remember the HP shut-down being a huge concern for Roseville. It was even on the agenda at city hall numerous times.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

A degree from a tough university certainly shows that. Else I'd probably have thrown in the towel and started making money earlier. >>90% of the knowledge I use for my work did not orginate at the campus and much of that was known to me from before (hobby). But when HR or high level managers really want to know whether you can remain functional and productive under a heavy load of stress they look for other accomplishments. For example whether the candidate has served in the military. They asked my about that for my first job but they never wanted to see the degree.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Tithing? That concept has been promoted much, much earlier. In the bible.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Interesting how many s.e.d. folks are living around here. Where? I am about 35 miles east of Sacto, Cameron Park.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg
60 due north of SAC (Sacramento Executive Airport)in Grass Valley.

No, I'm not married, but my yf is {;-).

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Joerg snipped-for-privacy@removethispacbell.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

No. Not tithing at all. The charity says it will accomplish some betterment, if it does not achieve that it does not get any more money. In fact if it does not have any track record of truly accomplishing its stated goals, it is not likely to get any money in the first place.

Reply to
JosephKK

RST Engineering (jw) snipped-for-privacy@rstengineering.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I had pretty well figured out that you two were nearby.

Reply to
JosephKK

Not my kind of behavior, it's short-sighted. Most of the projects our church does may not bear fruit for years or even decades but eventually will. Yet they are not cut off.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Following something Mike Terrel posted, I was curious to see what my official military status was, so I sent in a request for my records!

See, I was in Army ROTC back in 74-75, so was officially 'enlisted' in the army, but never finished the program. I transferred schools, and my new school had discontinued the ROTC program at the end of the previous year! Since Vietnam was winding down, they just 'discharged' me, and I went about my business. But, I was always curious just what sort of 'official' status I had. Now I know - none! I was in, but released from my service. No discharge, either honorable or dishonorable. It is as though I was never really in, which for the most part, is pretty accurate!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson
[snip]

That's to keep you from having any benefits :-(

...Jim Thompson

The tax laws make that difficult. The employees won't have enough cash to buy the company at the appraised price, and The Brat will still have a tax liability that exceeds her liquid assets.

All the assets I have have already been taxed. Taxing them again is just destroying a productive business and killing jobs.

John

You don't get any benefits, till you've served six months of active duty. That lets them weed out the dead wood. The mental cases, hidden physical problems, or a few hardship discharges. Otherwise some con men enlisted, then tried to be released during basic.

One character at Ft Rucker thought he could get out by acting effeminate, and was ordered to see one of the base's shrinks. They told him to either shape up, or they would transfer him to a WAC unit, where they couldn't guarantee his safety.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

  1. You sell it to all the employees, on "a levereged buyout".
  2. You are still having way too much fun to sell today. Wail till later.
  3. Tell your company that is what the plan is, with that motivation they will usually start saving.

JosephKK

Reply to
JosephKK

That's a possibility. I'm not sure it's "leveraged."

Absolutely. But I do have to worry about The Brat if the #14 bus smacks me on my morning latte walk. Worst case, she'd owe a lot more taxes than she can possibly pay. So her only recourse would be to deny the inheritance, or give it to the SPCA; at least they'd let her do

*that*.

We could make a deal that they buy it for some fraction of the gross profits for some number of years, with the company bonusing them enough that it really doesn't cost them anything. That would be fine, but the IRS might decide that the transaction has some net-present-value and demand a heap of taxes on the spot. So we could start a "nonprofit charitable foundation" to buffer the bucks. So if you hire enough planners and lawyers, you *can* pretty much evade the inheritance taxes... so we should just abolish them and save a lot of hassle.

Except that most Congressmen are lawyers.

John

Does it matter? Go for the lifestyle option, come to Australia, plenty of beer to go around.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You still have that nasty Allison infestation, though.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
[snip]
[snip]

We had a famous artist here in AZ....

When he determined that he was about to die, he and his children burned his unsold paintings to avoid inheritance taxes :-(

...Jim Thompson