Driving a CRT monitor flyback transformer with squarewave

:

e:

low Ron

IMHO.

much

ing.

voltage

the

ximal

rate

rive,

s?

tv

hem

g it.

on

As stated the upper device is a deflection transistor ( bjt ).

You would normaly bias it from the low voltage supply via a suitabe resistor to give enough on state base current.

Yes these transistors are rated at a least 1500 volts, this is exactly what the op wants.

In the on

I dont see what your talking about here!

Reply to
cbarn24050

I have no idea, but it was in the early days of solid state TVs. I would guess they went for the most cost effective method to cope with the flyback voltage.

Reply to
Fredxx

low Ron

work, IMHO.

at much

switching.

voltage

(like the

maximal

saturate

drive,

transistors?

tv

the

them

help

describing it.

on

anyone

=20

=20

=20

Glad to find someone was awake. The term for HV V(ce) splitting usage is totem pole. Also used (borrowed) to describe TTL outputs by similarity. Doing totem pole with MOS transistors includes some interesting design trade-offs.

Reply to
josephkk