Does Zetex exist?

Greetings:

Their web site is often unavailable. Or did they evaporate?

Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Carlen

I get this:

crcarle@mango2:~$ ping

PING
(212.103.248.103) 56(84) bytes of data.

---

ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3998ms

So DNS works, just no response. I'll try when I go home for lunch to see if it's just our network.

Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Carlen

It's always worked for me, and it's working right now.

Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Try traceroute to see how far the packets get. There may be a router between you and Zetex that can't figure out how to forward the packets. This won't necessarily be your ISPs fault but that of somebody in between.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

It was "written" by "Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0", so it's almost a sure thing it's f--ked up HTML, and it's loaded with whatever Microsoft is calling javascript these days; javascript, even _proper_ javascript, is evil in the first place, but let M$ get their hands on it, and, well, you see the result.

They should fix it. "Works for me" is an unsatisfactory answer to webpages that exclude any customers. They need a competent HTML writer. Somebody needs to let them know that their shitty webpage is driving away money.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Many webpages have this problem, but in this case I simply don't get any data, broken or otherwise.

I'll check it out tonight...

Good day!

Christopher R. Carlen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Carlen

Hello Chris,

Can't say that, the site comes up every time I want it. Your ISP might have a problem with their DNS server. Problem might be to get them to admit it...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

We use a LOT of their small transistors, I would hope we would have heard something before now! ;)

Reply to
James Beck

Hello Chris,

I get 171ms average. Not bad from Sacramento to Manchester and back. So I assume it must be something with your network.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello SioL,

protection etc)

a while to

Maybe they had some indecently exposed transistors on their site ;-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Rich,

That is the case with many European semi mfgs. In the beginning I wrote to their big brass. They didn't care. So, my design-in rate of their parts now looks like a capacitor discharge curve.

If they don't get it soon their sales reps will have to start learning Japanese, Korean and Chinese.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

If you're using some kind of protection (firewalls, malware and antivirus protection etc) that might be the problem. PeerGuardian blocked avrfreaks.net for me. Took me a while to figure out what's going on.

--
Siol
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
SioL

Hello Chris,

On some sites I got a blank page even though they pinged ok. Others just show some flash player logo. Probably they want to tell me "If you don't install some download gizmo we do not want you to see our products and we don't want your client to buy 5000 of them a month". For me that's a clear sign never to buy stock in auch a company, so it still serves the purpose of avoiding an investment mistake :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Graham,

My design-in quota for their products is: Zilch.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

protection etc)

a while to

Nerd/geek p*rn?

--
Siol
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
SioL

I've noticed that many sites of Asian origin try and oblige you to download unnecesary character support btw ( not to mention their emails too ). Hardly good web design there either.

And what is it with sites wanting you have to have Flash installed all the time now too ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

all the time

That one is beyond me and is my pet internet peeve! Why I should have to wait a few minutes downloading software I don't want before I can read a web page is baffling. When Mazda Canada pulled that one I stopped looking at their cars and bought a Toyota. The Flash people must pay good kickbacks or something.

Steve

Reply to
skavanagh72nospam

"Indiscrete... er, um Indiscreet!"

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Or you got "mxTracker" on your box, hitting god-knows-what-else than zetex but failing because your ISP has blocked the sites!

Spend 30 hours+ getting all instances of that malware off my box ... one should run a collection to pay some Russian characters to break the author(s) hands!!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Many ISP's routinely block Pings these days! So it does not tell you anything.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen