Do you use a dash cam in your car?

After seeing all those Russian dash cam videos from Russia lately, those cams just might get popular even in the US. I'd like to hear from anybody using them and how useful (or nuisance) they are in practice.

Reply to
cameo

The Russians have them because insurance fraud and hit-n-run are so rampant that the companies won't pay unless you have proof of the accident.

Besides, I heard that they attract meteorites. ...or was that AGW?

Reply to
krw

Cops? I worry more about the TSA VIPR. Homeland security is simply out of control.

I had a good looking woman flash me on Flamingo in Vegas. Twice actually, though the second flash was because I managed to catch up to the car.

The flasher was in the back seat on the passenger side. The woman in the front passenger seat might have been recording. Hard to tell, but I never found myself on youtube, so maybe she was just watching.

Reply to
miso

Interestingly these systems have spiked interest in several places. In another newsgroup people where complaining that the lifespan of most systems is short. A car is a hostile environment for electronics.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Hm, one more reason not to buy an expensive one?

Reply to
cameo