direct VGA control from processor

Greetings, I am planning to do a project on microcontrollers.I want to show images , text in different kinds of fonts and some live data everything on a CRT Monitor from a microcontroller.I am thinking of storing the images in a RAM/ROM and generate the CRT signals from the microcontroller and get some text from a keyboard and a live data from a serial port of micro.I think the processing of data wont be a problem but is it possible to drive the CRT directly by the microcontroller? Thank you all .

Reply to
wills.kingspanama

This is one solution - offload the hard work onto another chip :

Mike Harrison

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply.Is it very difficult to control the display by microcontroller?Has anyone ever done such a project?Any information will be helpful. Thanks

Reply to
wills.kingspanama

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Yes, this is possible, we've done it in the past, see Pic'Spectrum :

Friendly, Robert Lacoste

Robert Lacoste

This guy has done it

Russ_Verdon

It is possible, but don't expect much resolution. Here is an example with a 12MHz PIC, driving a TV almost directly:

For a computer monitor this gets harder, because of higher pixel clocks.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler