Dilbert loading slow in firefox

Anyone else has this problem?

When loading dilbert.com firefox freezes for several seconds, even preventing selection of other tabs for example. Annoying.

TheM

No idea why what this has to do with SED, but ...

I don't have this problem. But then I have disabled Java, JavaScript and most plug-ins.

You could try disabling these "features" one at a time until you figure out what's causing it.

Reply to
Nobody

Dilbert is very on topic here. Ask around :)

I'll give it a try.

TheM

try

martin

Reply to
mg

mg wrote:

Even that wants to load 5 JavaScript files. (Better than the 13 that the other does.)

I have dilbert.com/img blocked as well. I also have adserver & promo blocked. dilbert.com/dyn covers the last 2 and more.

Reply to
JeffM

This is the one I like...

...Jim Thompson

This is apparently how HP staffs their customer service:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Har!

BTW from click to fully loaded, about 4 1/2 seconds in Firefox 3.0.7 with Java, several plugins, adblockers etc. all enabled.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8er

Which version you got? I'm using 3.0.7, and from click to fully loaded it's 7 seconds tops with no tiresome tab-freezing. The animations:

take about twelve seconds to get going from first click, again with no tab-freezing. I've got Java, adblockers, Greasemonkey and all sots of crap fully enabled.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8er

I think the Dilbert site uses a heavy amount of javascript. I note Java on my system makes not only Firefox freak out, but iTunes also.

And don't get me started on the memory usage issues with iTunes.

Already noted in this thread.

Java and JavaScript are NOT related in any way:

*-Java+*-*-*-*=-*-*-buggy-*-browsers+ECMAScript+originally.called+Nearly-all-*-*-books-abo=ut-JavaScript-are-*-awful+*-has-*-*-*-design-errors+*-*-*-earlier-implement=ations-*-*-were-*-buggy+*-Flanagan

Reply to
JeffM

Try this one:

Cheers! Rich