Digikey tracking

Have you noticed that if you look at a part on Digikey, you see a zillion adds for it everywhere. MSN is especially bad.

Please click on as many as possible. I'm sure Digikey pays per click.

Reply to
jlarkin

No, I haven't noticed that. Of course I only use a browser from a Qubes

4.1 DispVM, over a good VPN, with browser fingerprinting opportunities minimized. [You can find out about how nearly unique your browser signature is, even without cookies, by looking at
.] That way I'm hard to identify, and any cruft the web site leaves on my computer goes away when I close the browser, which kills the DispVM.

Highly recommended to folks who care about such things.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You dont use an ad blocker add-in in your web browser? (e.g., uBlock Origin)

You might also add-in "Clear Cache" as well; click on that after you exit DK (or any vendor).

Its likely DK stored local cookies on your PC that MSN, etc can then read

Reply to
Rich S

Reply to
g_wolf

John, we will all be paying for these clicks eventually. I rarely buy via digikey lately, not since Mouser made delivery at my doorstep with all customs etc. nonsense dealt with by them from within the EU, but still.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

I can't say I've noticed, but I use Firefox with the Privacy Badger add-on. It says it's blocked 18 possible trackers on the Digikey home page.

Sylvia

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Firefox and NoScript deal with blocking most of that. Looking at Digikey.ca I see the following websites that are called up:

digikey.ca analytics-egain.com evergage.com evgnet.com go-mpulse.net goggleoptimize.com (turned off) marketo.com tiqcdn.com trustwave.com

Most of the above must be turned on for the web site to work, but I do find that almost anything google related can blocked with no obvious impairment

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson