differential amplifier

At startup, the plus end of Vx will be right on the rail. Running, there will be at least a few tens of millivolts headroom. I may run the op amps off a charge pump. That will get rid of trying to squeeze in a voltage follower against the upper rail.

Reply to
kell

How about a "flying capacitor" to transfer Vx to some more usable operating point?

...Jim Thompson

I could do the switching using an IR2153 to drive four nmos.

Reply to
kell