Detectable Ballast Interference

The reference thread, in a hydroponic grower's forum, was a banner suggesting that the EMI was detectable by drug enforcement organizations.

Ho Hum.

RL

Reply to
legg

Cops use thermal imagers, too, to spot buildings that are dissipating a lot of power. Even if the meters are boogered, I bet the power feeders get warm, too.

John

Spehro Pefhany wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hell yes. >:) And a far more restrained chemical evolution too. Sadly I can't pun any better without belabouring the point, it's very very late here...

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

mpm wrote in news:36ed056e-da27-4b24-9b22- snipped-for-privacy@v41g2000yqv.googlegroups.com:

Yep, definitely the same. I have a metal halide that I use for various things, and when photographing stuff I see this as a shift in the colour and brightness of the small LCD display. Usually that gives me enough cues to when to push the button. I still take a couple of pics to be sure though.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

You've blown a selenium rectifier too ? :-(

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'll bet that isn't all you've blown.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Eeyore wrote in news:4c8493ea$0$8958$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I think he was thinking of rectifying a bit of abberant evolution... In case you're wondering what all this means, the Truth is Out There. *big hint*

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

When I was in the USAF (ca. 1970), we had a pressurized power supply for one of the transmitters; it had selenium stacks, which blew, but we didn't smell it until we opened the case and let the pressure out.

It cleared the shop for about half the day. =:-O

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You bet. I used to 'blow' some things intentionally for effect.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The drugs you took did their job quite well.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell