Deperate for help and guidence for career in vlsi

Hello,

I need advise.

I completed my b.tech in electronics in 2001 and my diploma in vlsi design in 2002. I could not get a job in vlsi design at that time so had to join a bpo technical support desk. being fed up there, I left the job last year hoping to prepare for mba. Now, I could not get to a decent mba institute and want to get back to vlsi industry. but the thing is that now as the jobs are available, i dont feel comptent enough. There are new softwares and techniques for which training is not readily available in india. also will the companies consider me as i am not a fresher anymore and also dont have any experience in vlsi.

kindly guide me as to what should i do now.....I know I sound stupid but i am desperate.

Thank you

Reply to
rajat.gupta1979

I think it should not be so much of a drawback as you think your working in the BPO. But after your diploma its been 3 years, thats a little stretched to justify as a break. But still it appears as though you havent made up your mind as to what you want to do. Do you want to get into vlsi just because you didnt get into MBA? Make a decision on where you would like to be and work for that, its difficult to start with and needs plenty of patience but it works. dust off your old books and dive into them, prepare for the interview and be honest in your answers. before long you'll be on track.

Reply to
Neo

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

So, do your best and, Let the company hiring you be the judge of that! The worst thing that can happen is that you get in over your head, they fire you, but:

a) You got some exerience, b) You got some money, c) You now know what to learn, d) Now you got some experience, It will be easier to get a new job.

Details ... Details ... paaah ...

In the recruitment process you have to realise that: *Getting the Interview* is the first objective

You got a diploma, that's (some) Experience, leave out the (some) on the C.V for brevity, "Technical Consultant" may be better than "IT support", but not always e.t.c. "what They want, you can do" is what the CV should say; while still being technically the truth. (They will lie about how great the job/business is anyway).

During the IT boom "my" company hired *everything* academic with a pulse as System Developers, later, during the IT chrash, they fired half of the staff; Many of the people they kept were not even Developers to begin with, they were the people who adapted, learned and therefore did good work. Many of the "Real" Developers got kicked!!

IOW: It's not what you know, it is what you can do!

Only worry about what you can control - the rest is not your problem; it's up to luck ;-)

PS: Good to hear India booming - I send some pension money in advance of my job ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Is this what they call "audiophoolishness"?

(Actually, I have a brother who's a "professional" "guitarist". He should get a charge out of it, so to speak. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar