Death of Tony Williams

What difference does it make? After you're dead you're in no position to regret anything. And no matter how long you live, you'll want to live longer, unless you're sick of living, so you can't win. The best you can do is to convince someone else to enjoy it while it lasts and to look forward to a well-deserved rest.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

My condolences. How old did he get ? He's been here longer than I remeber.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

"John Popelish"

** Well, there sure as hell are a lotsa of far worse way to go !!
** It is very strange that so many folk imagine sympathy is due to the recently deceased - when in fact, it is the one time that such feelings are completely wasted.

Sympathetic feelings should be appropriately directed - to the recently bereaved, ie close relatives, significant others and also friends, colleagues and acquaintances who likely held the deceased person in some high regard.

They are the ones who have suffered an unexpected and disconcerting loss and, as a result, may well be feeling very mortal themselves.

Those with long memories may recall that I once posted here formal apology to Tony Williams - for hostile remarks hastily made under the mistaken impression that he was another person by the same surname.

My very straight forward heading on that post, plus its content, seemed to somewhat chuff Tony.

My sympathies go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

I do know what it is to unexpectedly lose folk you like and who are important in your life.

Horrible.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nicely put Phil.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

When the subject came up before, Tony had this to say:

snipped-for-privacy@ledelec.demon.co.uk A bit prophetic in the current context.

Reply to
JeffM

Eight years, almost to the day.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So Tony was 66... I'm 67 :-(

...Jim Thompson

Fake spam:

Buy my eWill software ...only $99.99 Sorry...no returns if unsatisfied.. :P (See my goofy eWill post for details..)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

My email is just my first and last name at yahoo.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I want to not die at all, so I'm taking these classes:

Call it a scientifical realisticological experiment.

If they really work, then I won't die.

If they don't, then at least on my deathbed I won't have to say, "I wish I'd..."

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

Then there's this one:

Sadly Tony was suffering from cardiovascular disease.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Tony Williams snipped-for-privacy@ledelec.demon.co.uk posted to sci.electronics.design:

He taught grace and decency as well as electronics. A loss indeed for you as well as us.

Reply to
JosephKK

Is he that bloke who used to draw nice circuit diagrams with valves in them using Visio or Paint or some such?

Hugs to the wife/sis.

DNA

Reply to
Genome