DC Voltage level sensing

Those are very nice parts.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Yeah, come on Win, throw us plebs a bone here. What will it cost you? 5 minutes of your time?

Reply to
Chris

yes, that's precisely why car charge regulators changed from vibrating relay type to electronic.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Are you being funny? If you want to see an ascii circuit from google groups go the the little triangle in the (URH) corner.. 'other message actions', and select 'show original'.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I just tried it. Are you being funny? Because *nothing* you describe is visible. NONE of it.

Reply to
Chris

-----------------------

** Same here, he must be seeing a different screen.

ASCII diagrams come up a jumbled mess.

JL has the right idea, post a sketch or file somewhere.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hey, George, do me, and them, a favor and make an LTspice schematic for them. I'm not a LTspice user, and I don't know how to make one. I'm a serious user of Intusoft's SPICE, with its superior schematic and graphing capability. Whenever someone puts up an LTspice file, I have to copy the relevant text part, and paste it into notepad, then save it on my computer, but with an .asc extension, and then go open it with LTspice, to see the drawing. Sheesh, that's so much more work than simply looking at an ASCII drawing. Whatever happened to all the dyed-in-the-wool usenet denizens of old, and our beautiful ASCII schematic drawings? I posted hundreds of them, back in the day.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Thank you, 73,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

Tap the CAN port. SMOP. ;-)

Reply to
krw

If the sound system is removable that could be one path to the accessory circuit.

Jasen Betts

There's a little dowward pointing triangle next to the reply button which is just to the right of the time/date indication. that's "more message actions" click that, then "show original".

Jasen Betts

------------------

** Thanks.

Glad to see someone here can describe something unambiguously.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It makes sense to only run the dashcam video when the car is active.

Most are battery powered and will trigger for 10s if there is any kind of sudden acceleration event. You get the aftermath but not the lead up.

If the camera is running you get a 10s either side snippet locked when a trigger event occurs. Exact behaviour depends on the model.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Au contraire, thank YOU, Don.

Yourz sincerely,

A grateful pleb. :)

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like you'd have to be logged into Google Groups to see that triangle in the first place, though. Who in their right mind would want to be logged in to anything Google?? :-D Seriously, is that who you post through?

Reply to
Chris

Since many years now you need a special tool to remove it, though. And there are different tools depending on the car and sound system as manufacturers seek to make it as difficult as possible for thieves. In fact it's much easier and quicker for a thief to remove it using their various nefarious techniques than it is for the legitimate owner with or without the special tool and no experience.

Cursitor Doom

------------

** Lotta ISPs no longer support usenet.

Last telephone support person I mentioned it to had literally never heard of it. He might have been a late Millennial though.

Think computing began with the first Pentium.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes, I'm sure that's right. But usenet is nothing more than a server responding to the traffic, storing a recent portion, and making it available to the public under some terms. Anyone can have access to usenet through one of these servers, provided they have log-on rights. Most of us, I suspect, use some 3rd party service rather than their own ISP. I use newsguy.com, $80/year. They provide classic usenet, ASCII text, no fooling around.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The problem with $80/yr is when you forget to pay it and they shut off access. I used to use paid services but always got hosed trying to remember my login to pay for the service.

news.eternal-september.org solves this problem. It is free, unmoderated, and reliable.

Steve Wilson

You can not see or run LTspice files without Windows-only stuff. And unlike say ngspice files which are human readable, LTspice files seem to be encoded in some weird way.

And who said that web browsers can not mangle LTspice files?

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
Reply to