DC-DC converters

hai,

I have only little experiance in practical power electrinics. I want to design a DC-DC converter. The input to the ckt is -48V 5A DC .. i want to make a +12V 5A DC from that.. can we use a DC-DC chopper circuit for that or what are the other possibilities to make a 12V from -48V . please help me..

Reply to
raseelmusl

Linear has something very like this as an example for one of their switcher chips. Go see if you can find it. They explain quite a lot about it and even give you PCB layout suggestions.

Do you need to regulate the +12V?

A regulating dynamotor is not likely to be a good idea here.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

try linear.com LT1683, it is transformer isolated, will need beefing up a bit for 5A. and I did find a spredsheet for calculating the values

martin

After the first death, there is no other. (Dylan Thomas)

Reply to
martin griffith

conversion from 48 to 12V is very common. you might find it very economical to get a pre-made converter.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Lavoie