Dataq USB Datalogger?

Anyone here using one of these?

Davej

+/-10V inputs 10-bit resolution

Is 19.5 mV resolution good enough for you?

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

We have one at the office but I prefer one of these . Runs

12 bits, single (8) or double (4) ended with the differential mode gains settable from +/- 1 to +/- 20 V. We use the low-speed model (1208LS) for temperature monitoring runs (w/a thermistor), and for battery monitoring or similar. One thing that I very much like is that it comes with the interface DLL so it can be easily integrated into your own lab apps, with its internal I/O ports or a serial, USB, or GPIB running things and the module recording the results. Pretty handy.

What I really hate is the goofy shape and the un-labeled connections. A fine-point permanent marker suffices to label the terminals but it looks a little tacky. Works fine, though.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Ppffftt. All I want to do is monitor things around the house with something cheap. I was thinking of building a datalogger based on whatever the current Microchip USB kit is, but then I saw this thing.

Reply to
Davej

Thanks, this looks like an interesting alternative. I am just looking for something cheap for home monitoring of appliance duty-cycles, temperatures, battery cycling, etc...

Reply to
Davej

Thanks, this looks like an interesting alternative. I am just looking for something cheap for home monitoring of appliance duty-cycles, temperatures, battery cycling, etc...

************************ I got their DI-194 for free several years ago. I played with it for a while and it seemed to do what they claimed. It was not a rigorous quantified evaluation though.
Art
Reply to
Artemus

I would just use a PIC (for example: Atmega88 or PIC32MX) to do it. Use RS232 to run the distance and USB/232 at the PC/laptop side. I am also looking into cheap bluetooth adapters, but software driver at the PIC side is a problem.

Reply to
linnix

I admit the PIC approach is certainly far more flexible, but it would take quite a bit more time and effort.

Reply to
Davej

I am doing someth

Reply to
linnix

I am doing something similar. See the "Home control" thread.

Reply to
linnix