CVBS ---> TV ---> over antenna cable ---> WTF

Hi to all !.

I changed the old analog video recording system with AHD system. The old recorder has used standard video out but the new one uses CVBS. No need to say that i can not make any new wiring , so i have to reuse the old one. So i can use just two wires which are connected over modulator to second TV.

To write this in more detail :-) ...

OLD setup : recorder ---> video out ---> BNC connector with video balun ---> somekind of modulator ---> two antenna output ---> two TV. So, when the user has switched to antenna, he can see video surveillance ( he can also see it on both TV's ).

NEW setup :

- is the same as the old one :-). I am not sure if i can pass CVBS signal on the same way and over same modulator but it's not working.

Because i can not make new installation, the only thing i can do is to get new modulator that will accept CVBS. At least, this is how i see it. If there is some other option, please guys, be so kind and let me know.

I added some illustration how is this connected....

Regards !

Reply to
gm

What's the difference between "composite video, blanking & sync" and "standard video", I always throught they were the same thing.

Is it possible you have the wrong scan rate from the new equipment eg: PAL vs NTSC? or that some other part of the system has failed when it was disturbed?

Jasen Betts

PAL / NTSC

-- good question, i never though about that. I dont know if this could be a problem..

Reply to
gm