Custom Made Electrical Receptacles/Sockets?

I need to mate to Amp 35 pin automotive connector 776230-1 in a accelerated stress screen. The mating connector supplied by Amp

776164-1 gets beat up pretty quick with multiple plugging/replugging, vibration and temperature cycling.

I laid out a printed circuit board and built some fixturing to hold the wire wrap version of the 776164-1 sockets. But there is no such thing, so I am crimping the sockets on to .032" round brass stock. Pain in the butt.

Mill Max can make me custom sockets for about $7.00 each minimum quntity 1000.

  1. Anybody know of: a. a more price friendly custom connector maufacturer? b. neat tricks using BeCu tubing to make "sockets" in house? c. any outside of the box ideas? (Pogo pins won't work in the vibe I am doing)

Thanks much, Ed V.

"Learning juice expand my brain" - H.S.

Reply to
EdV

The 164 is a dust cover, per Tyco.

Did you talk to guys like these about it?

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to