Curved PCB design

Just looking at a box

and the datasheet

Bottom right drawing of the PCB, says a radius of357.35mm for the curve.

Where do I make the centerpoint of the arc in my ancient Accel PCB draughting package

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Looks like it might be through the two big slots 2/3 way up

Reply to
TT_Man

Yep, seems to be, thanks

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Ok, this isn't to hard but hopefully you can follow:

  1. Draw circle with radius 357.35mm
  2. Draw circle with radius 357.35mm with center 645.5mm away from previous center.

These give you your two concentric circles that form the sides. The line connecting the two centers will be called CL

  1. Draw a line 25.9mm above and parallel to CL that connects the two circles. This gives the top.
  2. Draw a line 52.28mm below and parallel to CL that connects the two circles. This gives the bottom.

That should give your outline. Note that these use the absolute max so you might want to scale them down a little(a mm or two)

BTW, what does something like that cost?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

BTW, heres an example:

Jon Slaughter