copier charge serial codes?

I've been refurbing a fancy copy machine controller.

Since I paid $13 for it and it had $65 cash in it, the project seems to be off to a fairly good start. The main problem seemed to be a broken crimp lead on the power supply connector.

It is tricky to test if you do not have a copier to give you a "copy made" feedback signal.

The apparently industry standard CoinPro 3 mechanism and the M6000 controller (and the bill changer, copier, and reader) apparently talk to each other with simple alphanumeric serial commands.

The commands are likely 2400 baud, eight bit, no parity, one stop. One channel for send and one for receive.

Connector pinouts are readily available. Of the six pin Molex style connector, two are for supply power, one for transmit, one for receive, and one for T/R return common.

The CoinPro obviously sends stuff like "got a quarter", "got a dime", "got a nickel", "got a slug", "quarter dispenser tube above minimum", "quarter dispenser tube full", (nickel - dime- etc...)

And obviously receives stuff like "return a dime", "return a quarter", and "return a nickel".

PIC control leads to interesting possibilities for nonobvious apps.

Checking all 256 commands in both directions would be painful.

Can the "secret insider stuff" instruction set be downloaded? From where?

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Well failing to find anything with Google under "Coinpro 3 Hack" or "Coinpro 3 Phreak" or "Coinpro 3 2600",,

I would start with the manufacturers site:

A vending machine manufacturer manual:

And I find an interesting specification which may have something buried in it: DEX/UCS Communications Protocol

Now if I can just figure out to make ATM's talk to me!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

See:

Copier Control Mode Refers to a choice of hookup in pulse-enable protocol. In mode A, individual pairs of pulse wires are used for each cassette vended. In mode B, a single pair of wires is used for all cassettes vended, and user cassette selection is indicated by a steady electrical status signal. In general, mode A hookups are frowned upon, because they are difficult to implement, and because cheating is possible.

Here are the manuals:

and on the M6000:

There should be something useful in there.

I couldn't find anything specific on the internal protocols, but the docs and FAQ might offer a clue.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Apparently the secret insider plans are all at