cool exploded PC chassis

This is about $80 from newegg.

You can buy similar things for VME and cPCI, for roughly 100 times the price.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

technically it is probably "illegal", since the EMC approvals for all the bits and pieces in a PC assume they are in a closed metal box

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Well, sue me!

We are developing a bunch of cabled PCI Express stuff, and this will be great for getting access to boards, or for inserting protocol analyzers and stuff.

I suppose it's technically illegal to operate a PC with the side cover off. Or to build your own PC from parts.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

So you get the sockets that should plug into a VME or cPCI back-plane, but no backplane?

I had to engineer a couple of my own high performance backplanes back in the late 1980's, and it wasn't a trivial job.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

;)

in a lab I believe almost everything is ok as long as no one complains, I remember we had "lab use only" on some stuff we sold for bluetooth development before the standard was finalized and there was a way to get approvals

I seem to remember that there was lots of discussion on how to handle PCs and CE because it would be nightmare to test every possible combination and what to do when people bought a new graphics card.

So I think the end was the CE approved computer parts in a CE approved computer box is assumed to be CE compliant

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Like the thing in the middle picture.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

For FCC compliance, one just tests the bits and then add 6dB to the results. If it passes that, the bits are good to go. I'm pretty sure CE is the same deal, if anyone really cared.

Reply to
krw

Besides, how do you keep the mice out?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

You put them on a leash!

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Most definitely not the case as illustrated by some dated prosecutions in Wales:

Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
www.videosolutions.ltd.uk
Reply to
Mike Perkins

And these have something to do with the stuff you are advertising? And are equally cheap?

I - for one - would apprecaite a coherent narrative.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That makes two of us. Likely more than two.